Year in Review: How Connected Evolved in 2018
A snapshot of our accomplishments in 2018
Friday December 21, 2018
2018 was a big year for us. We made great strides in our journey of creating and leading a new category of consulting—the “product development firm.”
- We rebranded, we renamed, and we celebrated with our fellow Connectors, clients and product builders who inspire us.
- LinkedIn selected us as one of the Top 25 Startups in Canada.
- For the second year in a row, we won the Globe & Mail’s Top Small & Medium Employer.
- We moved to a beautiful new 35,000-square-foot office.
- Our team grew from 110 to 162 Connectors and still, we remain employee-owned and self-funded. We also welcomed 6 babies into the Connected family. We call them Lil’ Connectors!
- We made a significant amount of meaningful promotions and organizational changes including bringing Design, Engineering and Product Management under Damian McCabe, EVP Product Delivery for a holistic approach to building better products. And I accepted the position of EVP Growth and Client Services bringing Sales and Marketing together to align our client acquisition and retention strategies.
- Our team took the stage with Bose for the first time to present at KubeCon 2018 in Seattle about how we serviced 5 million messaging connections on Kubernetes.
- Amazon selected a team of Connectors to compete in an Amazon Alexa hackathon in Cannes.
- We created Elevate Product, our biggest and most impactful event to date, as well as 19 more events in our space that brought ambitious product builders together.
- Most importantly, we had the privilege of growing our client list and keeping our partnerships with existing clients by helping them build better. This included working on over 20 products across the entire product life-cycle and shipping our 2 biggest products to date.
We’re looking forward to seeing what 2019 has in store for us, and we can’t wait to take you along on the trip (make sure to follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn for all the updates!). Lastly, from us to you and your loved ones, have a Happy New Year!