3. What Information Does Connected Collect?
3.1 Connected or our affiliates may collect Personal Information and other information from or about you when you:
- Sign into the digital reception system at our office
- Subscribe to marketing information or support materials
- Sign up for or attend our recruiting or information sessions
- Respond to promotional campaigns and materials
- Visit our website
- Contact us through web form or email
- Participate in User Study research sessions conducted by our team
3.3 Connected collects Personal Information from consenting participants for the purpose of conducting user research on behalf of our clients. Participant opinions and personal experiences will help shape the user interfaces and experiences for future product users as user study research informs our design of better products. Data collected during user research is stored on an encrypted network located in North America and is only accessible by employees of Connected and our clients who require access.
4. Why Does Connected Collect Your Information?
4.1 Connected may collect and use your information in order to:
- Welcome you to our office
- Maintain a log of visitors to our office for security reasons
- Improve our websites and services
- Inform our marketing decisions
- For the purpose of carrying out user study research as part of consultative work for our clients
5. How Connected Collects Information Using Cookies and Online Advertising Tools
5.1 Connected may collect and/or log your Internet Protocol address, Internet Domain name, the web browser and operating system used to access our websites, the files visited, the time spent in each file, and the time and date of each visit. Connected may collect this information autonomically as you browse our websites through the use of log files and web beacons.
6. Use of Third Party Providers and Information Collections
6.1 Connected uses third party providers to help provide certain services to you. Connected requires any company with which we may share Personal Information to protect that data in a manner consistent with this policy and to limit the use of such Personal Information exclusively to the performance of services for Connected. We require any company with which we share Personal Information to protect that data in a manner consistent with this policy and to limit the use of such Personal Information to the performance of services for Connected.
7. Security of Personal Information
7.2 Connected maintains data collected from user testing for a period of two (2) years after completion of the study. Unless identified at the time of collection, Personal Information is not anonymized. Data collected during user testing may be transported outside of Canada and may be made accessible by law enforcement and customs officials in a foreign jurisdiction.
8. Connected and General Data Protection Regulation
8.1 What is GDPR? The GDPR is a new European data protection law that became effective on May 25th, 2018. It sets out various requirements for data protection and applies to virtually all organizations that process the personal data of EU residents as a result of services offered to them, regardless of whether the organization physically resides in the EU.
8.2 The GDPR and Connected. The GDPR distinguishes between organizations that are “data controllers” and those that are “data processors”. Connected is a data controller of personal data collection. Under EU law, EU citizens have the right to:
- View, edit, and request deletion of any Personal Information that has been collected by Connected for any reason (some limitations do apply)
- Have personal data transmitted to another controller in a commonly used machine readable format
- Receive more information about Connected’s data processing through a Subject Access Request form
- Request Connected provide detailed information about our personal data handling practices
- Request Connected stop using their personal data for direct marketing purposes